enterprise development overview
MACED believes that one cornerstone of a thriving community lies in the success of its enterprises, both large and small. When local businesses succeed, they create positive ripple-like economic and social change throughout the local community. Successful businesses are more likely to create meaningful and well paying jobs in rural communities and help improve the quality of life of its citizens.
MACED seeks to help businesses prosper that are committed to building sustainable and vibrant local economies in Appalachian Kentucky. We work with viable businesses that may have trouble finding bank financing, but are contributing to the employment and economic opportunities in the region.
Loan products include equipment and real estate loans, working capital, operating capital term loans and lines of credit.
Our work is focused on three major goals:
1. Supporting important community assets through targeted lending by focusing on the following areas.
• Community Critical Care Services — Businesses in the health care sector and other critical community service fields including child care and elder care.
• Cultural Resources — Businesses that support the cultural assets of Appalachian communities including arts, music and heritage tourism.
• Natural Resources — Businesses that support sustainable natural asset development and protection including eco-tourism, sustainable forestry, recycling, environmental friendly businesses and renewable energy.
2. Creating self-employment and supplementary income opportunities by providing loans of less than $35,000 with the technical assistance necessary to assist local people to become successful entrepreneurs or generate extra family income.
3. Creating quality jobs for low-income people by providing larger amounts of capital (up to $500,000) to businesses with growth and employment potential at livable wages for lower-income people.
We help sustain and grow enterprises by combining our investment capital with one-on-one technical assistance tailored to meet the needs of entrepreneurs where they work.