(printable pdf version, 88 Kb)
Since its founding in 1976 MACED has operated with the belief that to be effective small business lenders must couple capital investment with useful business assistance that makes a difference to borrowers. MACED focuses our attention on one-on-one technical and financial management support and uses our loan products as tools to help ensure managed growth within a healthy business context.
MACED staff and qualified contractors form a network of support throughout our service region including accounting professionals, manufacturing process consultants, human resource benefits consultants and finance consultants. In addition, MACED staff offer a FastTrac New Venture class for new start-up businesses.
MACED’s technical assistance focuses on financial management systems development to help borrowers keep track of their day-to-day operations and profitability. Our reliable partner contractors work with pre- and post-loan businesses on the following system improvements.
• QuickBooks and other accounting software installation and training
• Strategic planning services
• Business plan critiques
• Development of financial projections
• Plant production and process efficiencies
• Process improvements and layout
• Job costing, pricing and loading
• Inventory management system creation and training
• Technology improvements to increase production efficiencies and profitability
All initial assessments and some services are provided at no cost.
Technical Assistance Loan Fund
Some MACED borrowers finance these services through the 0 % Technical Assistance Loan Fund, which offers qualifying borrowers with up to $20,000 in zero percent interest loans to help them with one-on-one technical assistance to strengthen their operations. Some of the eligible activities include the following.
• Financial management systems (including software purchase and installation)
• Marketing and operations training
• Professional certifications
• Website and e-commerce capacity development
• Marketing assistance
• Inventory control systems
Please contact us for more details about the about the Technical Assistance Loan Fund, some restrictions apply.
For more information about our lending programs or to request a loan application, contact Jonathan Harrison, Business Development Director, 859-986-2373, or email